Monday, November 3, 2008

A Little Help From Your Friends

Couldn't we all use a little help from our friends?

The recognition and incentive industry has some super associations that you can use for research and unbiased third validation.

Over the next few weeks I'm going to spotlight several.

The first organization that comes to mind is Recognition Professionals International .

This international organization is dedicated to embedding recognition as a business strategy in companies large and small.

Its membership consists of practitioners and providers split about 75/25%.

It holds an annual sharing summit and has become famous for its Certified Recognition Professional (CRP) courses based on seven best practice recognition standards.

It also holds its annual Best Practice competition. This competition judges recognition programs, large and small, from all over the world against the seven best practice standards.

It also provides a ton of research and everyday common sense ideas. It has a wonderful sense of community... I should know! I, along with many of my Rideau colleagues have been members since 2001. Also in the spirit of full disclosure... I've been on RPl's board since 2004. And no, contrary to what my colleagues at Rideau think... I did earn my CRP certification!!!