Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Great Read… 12: The Elements of Great Managing

Recently I read “12: The Elements of Great Managing” on my Kindle. It was written by Rodd Wagner and James Harter who work at the Gallup Organization.

The book is based on Gallup’s Q 12 questions and is based on 10 million employee and manager interviews spanning 114 countries. Each chapter takes you through a particular element and how it impacts engagement.

Two of the elements were of particular interest to me…

Their fourth element which deals with recognition and praise and their tenth element which examines the benefits of having a best friend at work on employee engagement. The former is of obvious interest because of my day to day work. The latter because at Rideau, our workforce consists mainly of friends and family.

I’m pleased to say that after reading the book friends and family can keep on working at Rideau!

You can purchase the book on Amazon… it’s a great read.

0 comments: